Industrial Design Team Leader
Overview of Job Function(s):
inMusic is a family of leading music technology and consumer electronics brands. Through collaboration and innovation, every inMusic brand has the unique ability to respond dynamically to the demands of its customers, delivering the latest advancements in engineering, design, and technology in the DJ, Music Production, Pro Audio, Musical Instrument, and Consumer Electronics industries.
This Industrial Designer will lead and contribute the aesthetic and ergonomic development of our products, working directly with our engineers, contract manufacturers, and product management teams to explore, innovate and execute world-class consumer electronic products. The ideal candidate should have a strong sense of proportions, a detail oriented personality, and a passion for new technology and music. He/she must have multiple years of experience in product development cycle from concept to manufacturing and also have multiple shipping products in his/her portfolio. We are looking for an Industrial Designer who can dedicate her/his life to mastering industrial design skills, while reaching out to collaborate and integrate with all the other disciplines.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Work with multi-functional teams to define product solutions using design thinking processes
- Collaborate with other designers, engineers, and business teams to translate project goals into relevant design solutions.
- Explore a wide range of compelling design options and new product ideas.
- Create compelling designs based upon ideation, research, and product requirements
- Manage multiple design projects and daily design tasks and assist prototype preparation
- Effectively communicate concepts and ideas through verbal, visual and written means
- Be the mentor and helper for junior designers
- Must present a link to an online portfolio which demonstrates multiple successfully shipped mass produced products.
- Bachelor’s Degree or better in Industrial Design
- Strong understanding in product development processes and industrial designer’s roles
- 4~8 years design experience, performing the essential functions described above
- Excellent skills in Adobe Creative Suite, SolidWorks (or equivalent), Keyshot, and MS Office
- Strong problem solving, aesthetic, concept visualization, and visual presentation skills
- Ability to rapidly explore a wide variety of design options, including forms, colors, finishes and materials
- Strong skills in project and time management, communications, and team work
- Extensive knowledge of a variety of materials and manufacturing methods and limitations
- A love for technology and music (listening, playing, mixing, or producing) is bonus.
Please review requirements carefully and submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com.