inMusic Brands, Inc. is seeking an experienced Product Manager. Candidates need experience managing products through their product life. This includes researching new product opportunities, authoring and maintaining product specifications, assisting with tradeshows, marketing, sales, etc. Product development experience and a knowledge of consumer or MI equipment is required. This is your chance to take a brand in a new direction and make an impact.
The product manager guides products through-out their entire product life cycles. Specific responsibilities of the position include:
- Researching new product opportunities by evaluating competitive products, the current marketplace, market trends, customer interests and sales demand
- Authoring and maintaining product specifications
- Working directly with engineering, design, marketing and sales
- Attending and assisting in the planning of tradeshows and sales events
- Providing support for media and press related marketing activities
- Representing the outward face of the brand at trade shows, media events, etc
- Evaluating development samples and providing direction to the development team to produce the best product that meets your specification in cost and on schedule
- Managing product costing, margins, and forecasting activities for the product line
- Minimum 3 years as a Product Manager in the consumer or professional audio industry
- Direct hands-on experience using consumer, professional and/or MI audio equipment including: Electronic instruments, MIDI controllers, interfaces, and monitors
- A solid understanding of product development business principals regarding: scheduling, costing, margins, profit, return on investment, and opportunity costs
- Experience in daily use of Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel is a must
- Training in product development, sales, marketing, or other areas is a plus
- A passion for audio equipment and music is a must!
This position requires willingness to work in an office environment. Job responsibilities require lifting and moving items up to 50 pounds weight, as well as bending, sitting, and crouching.
This position is located at the inMusic office in Cumberland, RI. This position reports to the Director of Engineering.
Willingness for travel related to job responsibilities such as for trade shows as well as customer and supplier meetings is required.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com