AKAI MPC Renaissance And Studio - Setting Up MOTU BPM As A Plugin In The MPC Software
Using VST plugins within the MPC software is a great way to expand your creative possibilities. Because of it's design similarities with Akai's longstanding line of MPC sequencers, MOTU BPM is a very useful tool when mapped properly to the pads of the MPC Renaissance or MPC Studio, allowing you to utilize it's soundbanks in a way that closely mirrors a traditional MPC program.
- Download the Renaissance Pad Bank Preset
- Setting up the Plugin Within the MPC Software
- Also See..
- Warranty and Technical Support Information
A Pad Bank Preset for using BPM with the pads of the MPC Renaissance and MPC Studio can be downloaded HERE.
- Open up the MPC Software.
- Go to your MPC Software Preferences. Click on the MIDI tab and make sure that your MPC's Public port is checked off.
- Close the Preferences window and create a Plugin Track. Select BPM from your list of VST's.
- With BPM loaded into a track, click on the "e" button to bring up the plugin's interface.
- In the upper left hand corner of the BPM plugin. click on the Folder Icon and choose Load Bank.
- Select the Renaissance BPM pad bank preset that you downloaded earlier.
- Select a kit from the BPM plugin.
- You can now make BPM kits act much like MPC programs and fully utilize functions such as FULL LEVEL and NOTE REPEAT from the MPC hardware. Keep in mind that certain functions such as 16 LEVEL will not work with plugins.
- Akai MPC Renaissance articles on noterepeat.com
- Akai MPC Renaissance - Frequently Asked Questions
- Akai MPC Renaissance - Product page at Akai Pro's website
- Akai MPC Renaissance - Quickstart Manual
- Akai MPC Software - Reference Manual
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an Akai product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Akai technical support team is available to help!
Each product has a dedicated support page on the website where you can find manuals, specifications, software updates, drivers and troubleshooting guides: www.akaipro.com
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.