Akai Professional AFX - Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Akai AFX?
- What software can I use the Akai AFX with?
- What is included with my Akai AFX purchase?
- How do I get the included software?
- How many Akai AFX controllers can I use at one time?
- Can I run Serato DJ with just the Akai AFX control surface?
- Are the drum pads on the Akai AFX velocity sensitive?
- What version of Serato DJ is required for use with the Akai AFX?
- Does the Akai AMX or AFX controller only support Serato?
- When will the Akai AFX be available for purchase?
- Where can I learn more about the Akai Professional AFX?
The Akai AFX is a 4 Deck complimentary control surface for Serato DJ. The AFX will give you contol over effects, Cues, Loops, Slicer, Samples, Flip Mode, as well as deck transport controls. The AFX is a great addition to but not limited to the NS7, NS6, V7, or DVS setup.
The AFX was specifically designed for a deep-level FX control integration with Serato DJ (not included), making it the perfect expansion companion to the Akai AMX (includes Sertato DJ), or any other Serato DJ compatible master controller.
The Akai AFX includes a USB cable, and the following complimentary software:
- Serato Flip plugin (limited-time offer) - a card is included in the box, printed with a license code and steps to download and activate a complimentary installation of the Serato Flip plugin for Serato DJ (Serato DJ is not included).
- Serato Back Pack FX Expansion Pack - log in to your akaipro.com user account and Register your AFX. Once registered, a License Code and actictivation instructions for the expansion pack appear on your My Account page at akaipro.com.
Although a single Akai AFX control surface will control 4 decks you can use up to 4 Akai AFX control surfaces per instance of Serato DJ.
No. The Akai AFX control surface requires a Serato DJ approved Mixer, Interface, or Controller to unlock multiple deck functionality. Click here to see a full list of approved Serato DJ hardware.
Yes. The drum pads on the Akai AFX are velocity sensitive pads, that are based on Akai MPC technology.
The Akai AFX requires Serato DJ version 1.7, and higher.
The Akai AMX and AFX controllers were originally manufactured from the ground up to support Serato DJ software. However, since the hardware controls appear in your computer as generic MIDI device, they can be custom-mapped to any other DJ application that supports user-created custom mapping.
The Akai AFX will be available for purchase in the Fall of 2014.
To learn more about the Akai AFX control surface for Serato DJ check out: http://www.akaipro.com/product/afx