Akai Professional AFX - Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Akai AFX?
- What software can I use the Akai AFX with?
- What is included with my Akai AFX purchase?
- How many Akai AFX controllers can I use at one time?
- Can I run Serato DJ with just the Akai AFX control surface?
- Are the drum pads on the Akai AFX velocity sensitive?
- What version of Serato DJ is required for use with the Akai AFX?
- When will the Akai AFX be available for purchase?
- Where can I learn more about the Akai Professional AFX?
The Akai AFX is a 4 Deck complimentary control surface for Serato DJ. The AFX will give you contol over effects, Cues, Loops, Slicer, Samples, Flip Mode, as well as deck transport controls. The AFX is a great addition to but not limited to the NS7, NS6, V7, or DVS setup.
The Akai AFX is a generic USB MIDI control surface, and can be used with any DJ or audio production software that supports MIDI mapping.
Although a single Akai AFX control surface will control 4 decks you can use up to 4 Akai AFX control surfaces per instance of Serato DJ.
No. The Akai AFX control surface requires a Serato DJ approved Mixer, Interface, or Controller to unlock multiple deck functionality. Click here to see a full list of approved Serato DJ hardware.
Yes. The drum pads on the Akai AFX are velocity sensitive pads, that are based on Akai MPC technology.
The Akai AFX requires Serato DJ version 1.7, and higher.
The Akai AFX will be available for purchase in the Fall of 2014.
To learn more about the Akai AFX control surface for Serato DJ check out: http://www.akaipro.com/product/afx