Portable performance and production.
The Akai Professional MPK25 is a portable keyboard controller with MPC production controls. Based closely on the MPK49, the first keyboard ever to feature MPC pads, the MPK25 scales down the keyboard by 24 keys and retains the utility, capability, and flexibility that makes the MPK49 one of the world's hottest keyboards. Its smaller, more portable size makes the MPK25 the perfect travel companion. Its small footprint can fit in your lap on the couch or on a plane, enabling you to create tracks whenever inspiration strikes. All you need is your laptop and the MPK25.
MPK25 combines a 25-key keyboard and 12 genuine MPC pads. The keyboard is semi-weighted and features aftertouch for expressive melodic control. The MPC pads are pressure and velocity-sensitive to capture every nuance of your creative concepts. The pads can access four banks of sounds, so you have 48 samples at your fingertips with the touch of a button.
MPK25 places dedicated transport controls within your reach for easy control of some of the most important tracking and editing controls. The MPK25 has modulation and pitch-bend wheels for expressive musicality, and two assignable footswitch inputs enable you to connect an expression pedal or other continuous controller and a footswitch for momentary controls like patch change or start/stop.
One of the most important input devices on an MPC is its Q-Link assignable control section. The MPK25 gives you twelve virtual knobs and four virtual buttons that are assignable to control nearly any software parameter. You can control two different parameters per Q-Link thanks to the knobs' dual-bank selection.
Two technologies pioneered in the MPC series and built into the MPK series are MPC Note Repeat and MPC Swing. These note-modifying features can be heard in many of the most popular tracks over the last two decades. MPC Note Repeat is a capability that enables the MPK (or MPC) to automatically play a rhythm pattern, such as 16th notes on a hi-hat, for accuracy and speed of entry. MPC Swing is sometimes referred to as "the heart and soul of hip hop" because it turns perfectly aligned sequences into human feeling time alignments. You can specify exactly the degree and timing of swing you want to apply for the perfect feel.
On top of MPC technologies, the MPK25 has its own arpeggiator, which enables you to create quick, creative riffs in seconds.
MPK25 also has MPC Full Level and MPC 12-Level on its pads, as well as Tap Tempo and Time Division so you can nail the tempo, timing, and dynamics exactly as you hear them in your head.
The MPK25 is a MIDI controller that sends its MIDI values over USB. It is bus powered, so all you need to connect and power the MPK25 is the supplied USB cable. Because it is MIDI compliant, the MPK25 works with most MIDI recording, sequencing, and performance software for musical performers from keyboard players to producers to DJs and even VJs!
The MPK25 comes with Ableton Live Lite Akai Edition, one of the most popular and powerful performance and production programs in the world. Ableton Live Lite enables musicians to spontaneously compose, record, remix, improvise, and edit musical ideas in a seamless audio/MIDI environment.
Create and perform anywhere with the MPK25. It's the most expression you'll find in a portable, convenient package.
- 25-key semi-weighted keyboard with aftertouch for expressive melodic creativity
- MPC-pad section of 12 genuine MPC pads with pressure and velocity sensitivity
- MPC pads access four banks each for instant access to 48 samples
- Assignable Q-Link controller section for flexible control of most software parameters
- Two banks of 12 Q-Link knobs and four buttons, two banks each
- Dedicated transport controls for tracking and editing
- MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, and arpeggiator aid in creative process
- MPC Full Level, MPC 12-Level, Tap Tempo, and Time Division assist with tempo and dynamics
- MIDI output over USB, bus powered, class compliant: plug and play with one USB cable
- Comes with Ableton Live Lite Akai Edition software
- Works with most MIDI recording, sequencing, and performance software
- MPK25 keyboard controller
- USB cable
- Software CD
- Quick Start guide
- Number of Keys: 25 + 12 x 4 banks of drum pads
- Type of action: Semi-weighted
- Aftertouch (Channel)
- Computer Interface: USB/MIDI
- Displays: Custom LCD
- Footswitchable Patch Changes: yes
- Number of Independent MIDI Ins/Outs: 1
- Programmable Continuous Footpedals: 1
- Programmable Footswitches: 1
- Programmable controllers: MMC, MIDI START/STOP, MIDI CC
- System Real-Time Controls: MMC, MIDI START/STOP, MIDI CC
- Macintosh: 1.25 GHz G4/G5 or faster (Intel Mac recommended), 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended), Mac OS X 10.4.11 (10.5 or later recommended)
- Windows: 1.5 GHz Pentium 4 or Celeron compatible CPU or faster (multicore CPU recommended), 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended), Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP, Windows compatible sound card (ASIO driver support recommended), QuickTime recommended
- Available USB Port
|Manuals & Documentation||Size||Type|
|MPK25 - QuickStart Guide
|MPK25 - Reference Manual
|MPK25 - Product Overview
|MPD and MPK series - Setup With Ableton Live
|MPD and MPK Series - Setup With Logic Pro
|MPD and MPK Series - MIDI Mapping in Logic
|MPD and MPK Series - Setup With Fruity Loops
|MPD and MPK Series - Transport Controls MIDI Details
|MPD and MPK Series - MIDI IO Details
|Software & Drivers||Size||Type|
|MPK25 - Preset Editor Software for Windows and Macintosh
|Reason Remote Files
For use with MPD24, MPD26, MPD32, MPK49, MPK61, and MPK88. The latest version of Reason has these presets built in, however you can manually install them using this download (includes instructions).