Rate this article
Article updated 06-27-2017
The MAX49 is always a great tool that adds flexibilty and improved workflow to nearly any studio. Studio One is an ever increasingly popular DAW by PreSonus. This guide takes the user through the steps to using these two great products together seemlessly in a Windows 7 operating system.
- Hardware Settings
- Software Settings
- Further Technical Assistance
- Connect the Akai MAX49 via USB cable directly to the computer.
- Choose the Mackie Control preset on the MAX49. To do so:
- Press the Program button
- Turn the VALUE DIAL until the screen shows 31 Mackie C (Default preset 31).
- Press in the VALUE DIAL (PUSH TO ENTER button) to load the Mackie Control program.
- In the PreSonus Studio One DAW, choose Studio One > Options...
- In the window that opens, choose Add... to add a device.
- In the next window, scroll down and open the Mackie folder and click on Control. Set the Receive From drop-down menu to MIDIIN4 (Akai MAX49) and the Send To drop-down menu to MIDIIN4 (Akai MAX49). Then choose OK.
- This will bring you back to the Options window where you will see the device listed. Press OK.
- Now you will be able to use all of the Transport controls on the MAX49 to control the PreSonus Studio One transport controls. The Faders and S-Switches will also control the following:
Touch Faders: Volume levels tracks 1-8
S-Switches: Mute toggle tracks 1-8
Touch Faders: Panning tracks 1-8
S-Switches: Solo toggle tracks 1-8
Touch Faders: Master Volume control
S-Switches: Record Arm toggle tracks 1-8
Touch Faders: Volume levels tracks 1-8 S-Switches: Track selection tracks 1-8
AKAI Technical Support and Warranty Service
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an Akai Pro product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Akai Pro technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.