Rate this article
Article updated 08-02-2017
The MPC Renaissance software can be used as a plugin within many DAWs allowing for greatly expanded creative options. This guide walks through setting up MPC Renaissance as a Plugin in Sonar X2.
Adding the MPC plugin to SONAR X2
- Make sure that the VST Plugin folder has been added to the VST folder location in Sonar.
To do this, go to Preferences > VST Settings
- Next, choose Add... to browse to the Plugin folder location.
- Now, add the plugin to SONAR. To do this, select the folder of the MPC plugin which is located by default in C:/VST Plugins/Akai. Press OK.
- Now that the folder has been added to the VST section of Sonar, it should appear when you create a Soft Synth Track.
To creat SoftSynth track, from the main SONAR screen, go to Insert > Soft Synth > VST Plugins > MPC.
- Once you have created the MPC Soft Synth Track, to access the MPC interface, click on the Piano Icon.
You can now use the MPC software as a plugin in SONAR X2! Enjoy!
You can find a number of additional articles and videos in our knowledge base:
Akai Technical Support & Warranty Service
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an Akai Pro product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Akai Pro technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.