Rate this article
Article updated 02-27-2018
The MPK and MPD controllers are extremely versatile USB MIDI controllers. Whether you are looking for an all-in-one production setup with keys and pads or a more beat-only oriented workflow, the MPK and MPD controller series give the user as much creative potential as you can dream up. This guide covers how to configure the MIDI setup for an MPK or MPD series controller in Cubase.
- Open Cubase.
- Select the Devices menu at the top of the screen and choose Device Setup.
- In the upper left corner of the window that opens, click the + icon and choose Generic Remote.
- On the right-hand pane of the window, select the MPK49 or MPD32 from both the MIDI Input and MIDI Output drop-down menus.
NOTE: If more than one instance of the controller appears in the pull-down menu, choose the first one in the list.
- Download the MPK or MPD Cubase XML file from the link below:
- Find the XML file included in the downloaded folder. For example, AKAIMPD32.xml.
- On the right side of the Device Setup window, click Import. In the window that opens, navigate to and select the XML preset file. This will map all the controls and transport functions to your MPK49 or MPD32.
- Click Apply then OK. The controller should now function as a control surface for Cubase.
Technical Support & Warranty Service
Each product has a dedicated support page on the website where you can find manuals, specifications, software updates, drivers and troubleshooting guides: www.akaipro.com
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.