Rate this article
Article updated 06-28-2017
The MAX49 can provide powerful control of Cubase's user interface and virtual instruments. This guide will provide you with quick setup instructions for the MAX49's Cubase preset, and Cubase's preferences to setup the MAX49 for MIDI Note transmission, surface and transport control.
MAX49 Cubase Preset Configuration
- Press the PROGRAM button.
- Rotate the Data Dial and select Program: 5 Cubase.
- Push the Data Dial to load the preset.
- Press the EDIT button.
- Press any button in the Transport Control, like the Stop button.
- Rotate the Data Dial and select Type: MACKIE.
Cubase Preferences for MAX49 MIDI Note Transmission, Surface and Transport Control
- Start a New Project in Cubase.
- Select Devices > Device Control.
- Select MIDI Port Setup, and deactivate Akai MAX49 Mackie (Mac) or MIDIIN4 (Windows) for "In 'All MIDI In'".
- In MIDI Port Setup, select the + button in the upper left-hand corner, and select Mackie Control.
- With Mackie Control selected, set MIDI Input to Akai MAX49 Mackie (Mac) or MIDIIN4 (Windows) for "In 'All MIDI In'", and then click Apply.
- Now that the MAX49 is setup to control Cubase and Virtual Instruments let's load one. Select Project > Add Track > Instrument.
- Choose a Virtual Instrument from the Add Instrument Track dropdown menu, and your virtual instrument will load to an record armed track.
Now you're set up and ready to play and record!
AKAI Technical Support and Warranty Service
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an Akai Pro product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Akai Pro technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.