Cumberland, RI USA (April 16, 2018) — Akai Professional today announced the release of MPC Software 2.2. This major software and firmware update for MPC 2 introduces a number of user-requested features and functionality enhancements. As a result, this update is highly recommended for all current MPC X, MPC Live and MPC Software 2 owners.
NEW FEATURES INCLUDE:
- MIDI Learn (Global): MPC Software can now be controlled by external MIDI surfaces other than the MPC, such as keyboards and pad controllers. This includes 3rd-party products.
- MIDI Learn (Project): Automatable parameters (volume, pan, etc.) can now be controlled by external surfaces such the faders on a MIDI mixer or rotary knobs on keyboard controllers.
- Humanize: Users can now add randomization to the timing or velocity of MIDI events. This is great for grooves that are slightly “out-of-the pocket.”
- Generate Random Events: MPC can generate random melodic and drum patterns across the timeline
- Many more workflow and stability enhancements
"MPC 2.2 advances the user experience in amazing new ways,” said Dan Gill, Akai Pro Product Manager. “The MIDI Learn and MIDI Control features are now available in both standalone and controller modes, introducing all sorts of new workflow and creative possibilities.”
This update is free for existing MPC 2 Software owners. Upgrades from MPC Software version 1 start at $99.99, new purchases from $199.99.
For complete details on new features found in 2.2, visit:
For more information, visit akaipro.com.
About Akai Professional
The world’s most influential manufacturer of music production gear, Akai Professional develops creative technologies to empower music makers with tools that are unmatched in expressive capability. Akai Professional is best known for creating the legendary MPC, an instrument that has inspired generations of producers and performers and spawned entirely new genres of music. Akai Professional is a part of the inMusic family of premiere music brands.