Akai EWI USB - FAQ And Troubleshooting
This guide covers common questions about the Akai EWI USB. This includes initial setup, preferences, general troubleshooting, software updates and compatibility, alternative fingerings, and more.
- Getting Started
- General Troubleshooting
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Technical Support & Warranty Service
Install the Software
- Insert the software DVD (included) into your computer’s CD/DVD drive. The setup window should open automatically.
- Double-click on Setup and follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.
- Once installation of both the software and samples have successfully completed, you may open the software.
Connect the EWI USB to an available USB port on the computer. The Status LED will light up on the rear panel.
- It's best to connect directly to the computer, avoiding the use of a multi-port USB hub.
- Wherever possible, connect to a port on the back of the computer.
- Plugging in the EWI USB automatically recalibrates its keys, rollers, and plates. To avoid interfering with this process (and causing it to play out of tune), hold the EWI USB only by its plastic casing near the top while plugging it in.
The EWI USB controller does not make sound in and of itself. To be able to translate what is played into what is heard, selecting the appropriate audio device for your given setup is essential. Luckily, there isn't much to the process!
- Under the Tools(PC) or EWI USB (Mac)menu, select Preferences.
- Select the appropriate audio device being used in your specific setup. If using the built-in speakers of the computer, choose "Built In Output" or "Speakers". If experiencing any noticeable delay in the sound or reduced audio quality, you can adjust the latency settings of the audio device here as well.
- Under MIDI Devices, check the appropriate box:
Windows XP: Check “USB Audio Device.”
?Windows Vista, Mac: Check “EWI USB.”
- Reinitialize the EWI USB: Hold down the reset button for 5 seconds after it’s powered up. This will reset the sensors.
- Reset the Aria Software: Press the reset button located in the Aria Config menu where you can choose the fingering for the EWI USB.
- How do I setup the audio and MIDI preferences in the Aria software?
- Is the software compatible with 64 bit operating systems?
- How do I reset the Aria software?
- Sometimes the sensors don't respond correctly, any tips?
- How do I reset the sensors?
- Are alternative fingerings an option?
- Is there a forum for EWI users online?
- The EWI doesn't appear to be working with my software, what's going on?
- How can I obtain further technical support or warranty service?
The version of Aria from the disk will need to be updated to function properly on 64-Bit operating systems. These updates will be installed in your operating system with the original version remaining. Navigate to the Docs & Downloads section of the EWI USB product page to find the latest Aria software updates:
You might try a hand lotion with a high Glycerin count. Corn Huskers Lotion or KY seems to work well. Look at the ingredients and notice if Glycerin is the first one listed. Rubbing a couple of drops of glycerin (available at most drug stores) into the fingertips or a little ChapStick on the fingertips has been used with great success.
Alternative fingerings can be found on pages 21-25 of the EWI USB Quick Start Manual.
Yes! The PatchMan Wind Controllers Forum is an excellent source of additional information.
- Good USB connectivity is key.
- Connect directly to the rear USB ports of your computer. Do not connect through a multi-port USB hub device. Do not connect through front USB ports, keyboard USB ports, or monitor USB ports.
- Disconnect all other USB devices other than a keyboard and mouse. You may find later that you can reattach some USB devices at the same time (like a printer), but for troubleshooting purposes, detach everything except the keyboard and mouse.
- Webcams, USB microphones, speakers that plug into the USB port, USB headphones, or USB Skype Phones may interfere with your unit working properly. You will probably find that you have to use one at a time.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an Akai Professional product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Akai Professional technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.