Akai MPK mini mkII - Editor: What You Need to Know
The MPK mini mkII is an ultra-compact keyboard controller designed for the traveling musician and the desktop producer. With an array of hardware controls, MPK mini lets you record, compose, and perform with virtual instruments, effect plugins, and DAWs whenever inspiration strikes. This articles walks through the basics of getting to know the MPK mini mkII Editor.
What You Need To Know
- Where can I download the MPK mini MKII Editor?
- How do I install the Editor?
- Where can I get a User Guide for the Editor?
- How do I save a Program to the MPK mini MKII using the Editor?
- Where can I get further technical support?
Download the MPK mini mkII Editor by visiting the MPK mini MKII product page and clicking on the DOCS & DOWNLOADS tab. Once there, you can download the editor for your specific computer operating system.
The process on a Windows and Mac computer operating system is very similar. The following screenshots are from the Windows installation and and walk through the process of installing the software step-by-step.
Once you have downloaded the installation file to your computer:
- Unzip the MPK_mini_MkII_Editor_v1.0.5_WIN.zip file to your desktop.
- Run the unzipped installer file and the Installer Wizard will open. Click Next to continue.
- Accept the terms of the License Agreement and then press Next.
- Choose the language of your manual and press Next.
- Choose your Destination Folder and press Next.
- Choose your Start Menu Folder and press Next.
- Allow the installation to process. When complete, choose Finish.
- The MPK mini MKII Editor is now installed on your computer.
The User Guide is included in the Help menu in the MPK mini MKII Editor software and can also be found at this link.
To save a Program on the MPK mini MKII using the editor:
- Connect your MPK Mini MKII directly to a USB port on your computer.
- Close or quit all other Audio or MIDI software, including MPC Essentials or any other DAW software, and open the MPK Mini MKII Editor.
- Choose Options > Device Setup and choose the MPKmini2 in the Output area only. Then press OK.
- Make the changes of your choice. Once your adjustments are completed (you can SEND TO RAM at any time for instant upload, but it will not save to a program), press the SEND button for the PROGRAM of choice.
- Finally, on the MPK2 mini MKII itself, press the PROG SELECT button and strike the corresponding pad to load the program of choice (PROG 1, PROG 2, PROG 3, or PROG 4). This will load the new Program and save it to the MPK mini MKII.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an Akai Pro product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Akai Pro technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.