Akai Pro Advance Series - Creating and Using Setlists
The Virtual Instrument Player (VIP) software application allows you to control your entire VSTi library from one application. A Setlist allows users to order their patches in a “set” for quick selection when playing live or just stepping through a list of favorite patches. This article and video walks through creating and accessing setlists in the VIP software.
- Creating a Setlist in the VIP Software
- Access Setlists from the Advance MIDI Controller
- Additional Resources
- Further Technical Support
A Setlist must be created and built in the VIP software, but once your Setlists are created, you can access all of your Setlists and individual patches in the Setlist directly from the Advance controller.
- Click on SETLIST.
- Next, click on the "plus (+)" button next to NEW SETLIST and name your new Setlist.
- Click on BROWSER and locate the patch you want to add to your Setlist. Click on the patch to load it, then right-click the patch. In the drop-down menu that appears, scroll over Add to setlist and then choose the setlist you want to add the patch to.
- At the top of the VIP window, click on SETLIST. You will notice the patch you chose has been added.
- In this window, you can also drag any patch of choice directly from the left column to a new spot in your setlist.
- Press the MAIN button to return to the main screen.
- Use the Arrow keys to highlight the Setlist box in the upper-right of the display screen.
- Use the Value dial to choose your Setlist and then use the down Arrow key to access the individual patches in the Setlist.
- To load a patch, press the Value dial in.
You can find a number of additional articles and videos in our knowledge base:
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an Akai Pro product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Akai Pro technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.