Akai Pro Advance - How to Download, Install and Authorize VIP
With the Virtual Instrument Player (VIP) software application, your entire VSTi library is controlled by one application. The videos in this article walk through how to log into your akaipro.com user account, download the included software, and install it on your computer.
- Windows Installation and Authorization Process
- Mac Installation and Authorization Process
- Frequently Asked Questions and Troubleshooting
- Additional Guides & Videos
- Further Technical Support
To download and install the Advance Software Package on your supported Windows operating system, follow the steps suggested in the video below.
To download and install the Advance Software Package on your supported Mac operating system, follow the steps suggested in the video below.
Do the Advance drivers install with the VIP Software Package?
The drivers for the Advance and other VIP-enabled controllers will not install with the software package but can be found on your account page under the product downloads. This ensures that you will always receive the latest updated driver.
Can I install VIP on multiple computers?
Yes, the VIP software package can be installed on as many computers as you'd like and can be authorized on up to two (2) computers simultaneously. Authorizations can be moved from one computer to another offering endless authorization possibilities. For instructions to do this, see our guide here.
If you need to authorize more computers, consider using an iLok dongle to store and transfer your license.
Can I install the VST plugins to a different location?
Yes! Use the Setup Options screen to change the location of the VST plugins (this includes VIP, Hybrid, Loom, Vacuum Pro, and Xpand!2). Note: we do not recommend changing the location of the VIP maps and factory content for the best results.
Windows is showing that it cannot find 'VIP2.1.1SoftwarePackage.exe'. What do I do?
If this happens, the VIP Software Package can be run manually.
- Navigate the VIP 2.1.1 Software Package folder. This will be located in the same location as your software package installer, usually in your Downloads folder or on your Desktop.
- Go into this folder and go into the Output folder inside.
- Run the VIP2.1.1SoftwarePackage installer inside to install VIP
When I open VIP, Hybrid, Loom, Vacuum Pro and Xpand!2 only have one patch available. Is this normal?
If Hybrid, Loom, Vacuum Pro and Xpand!2 only show one patch available, this usually means that VIP can't locate the maps and they may have been installed to a location it can't reach. While the VST plugins can be installed to a personal location, we recommend allowing the VIP maps and content to their default location for the best results.
Note: It is normal for third-party plugins to appear with only one patch if they're maps have not been activated yet.
- Re-run the VIP Software Package installer and select Uninstall.
- Restart your computer and re-run the installer to re-install VIP and its content.
- When you reach the Setup Options screen, do not change the location for the VIP maps and factory content:
- When it's finished, re-open VIP and your plugins should now be connected to their maps. Note: you do not need to re-authorize.
When I open VIP I get an error stating "the software required to validate the license for this product is not running." What do I do?
VIP and the included plugins (Hybrid, Loom, Vacuum Pro, and Xpand!2) use iLok to authorize and store their licenses. You may get this error if the iLok services have not started automatically.
- Close VIP, navigate to the Windows Control Panel and select Administrative Tools.
- Find and select Services.
- In the Services window, locate Pace License Services and double-click on it to open the properties.
- Set the Startup type to Automatic and click on Start to start the service.
- Click Apply, close the windows and re-open VIP.
You can find a number of additional articles and videos in our knowledge base:
- Activating and Deactivating AIR and SONiVOX plugins
- VIP - Everything you Need to Know About Managing Plugins and Presets in VIP
- VIP - Managing Kontakt and Other Expansion Plugins
- VIP - How to Build a Plugin Map
- VIP - Creating and Using Setlists
- VIP - Creating and Using Multis
- VIP - How to Customize Category Tags
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an Akai Pro product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Akai Pro technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.