Akai Pro FORCE - Updating to Firmware 3.0.3
In this guide, we show you how to download and install the massive new v3.0.3 update for your Akai FORCE. This includes where to download and how to run the update, as well as all the great new features you can expect on the other side.
- Feature and Update Overview
- Downloading and Installing the Update
- Force | Exporting Clips & Projects to Ableton
- Additional Tutorial Links
- Further Technical Support
The new FORCE 3.0.3 firmware update adds a new line of comprehensive features as well as a few stability enhancements. See our quick list below or view the official release notes for a full list of changes.
- Step Automation - You can now input, edit and view automation in the Step Sequencer.
- Grid Automation - You can now input, edit and view automation in the Clip Event/Region editors.
- Ableton Live Set Export - you can now export your Force project to an Ableton ALS project file.
- Export all clips or export a single clip - you can now export the clips in your Force project to audio, MIDI or MPC Pattern files.
- Matrix Mode enhancements - You can now copy, paste, create and delete clips from the Matrix mode. Press and hold on a Clip slot to bring up a drop-down menu of options.
- Play scales from your external keyboard - Hold Shift and push Notes to bring up the Notes Config dialogue.
- Workflow Enhancements -
- In Sample Record mode, after recording a sample the Keep or Discard Sample popup now has f-keys to Save or Edit your sample.
- Holding Shift illuminates METRONOME and LENGTH buttons if those things are switched on
- Pressing Shift + tapping Metronome or Length (Fixed-Length) toggles the setting on/off.
- Pressing Shift + holding the Metronome or Length button opens the settings for that item.
- Arpeggiator now feels more responsive and operates with lower latency.
- Launch/Note mode improvements. When your current track is a melodic track a long press of the Note button now opens the Note Mode selector to make it faster to switch between scale or chord layouts. On a Drum program, a long press of the Note button now opens the TC selector. Whilst in Launch/Notes Shift + Launch or Shift + Note brings up their config dialogue.
- You can now use the Delete button to erase notes in realtime as a clip is playing. Play a clip that has MIDI events inside, push and hold the Delete button, now when you hold pads in Notes mode they will erase any corresponding events for the duration they are held.
- To make it easier to navigate your internal Akai/AIR Effects all effects are now split into well-named groups.
- Stability and reliability Enhancements - 16 Level, Audio Device, Audio Tracks, Audio Edit, Automation, Channel Mixer, Grid Edit, File Browser, Installer, List Editor, MIDI Sync, Plugin Hosting Effects, Plugin Hosting – Instruments, Preferences, Program Edit, Program Edit - Plugin/MIDI, Program Edit – Clip, Program Edit – CV, Q-Links, Sample Edit, Sample Record, Saving and Loading, Song Mode, Step Sequence, Track Mute, Transport, Undo/Redo, and XYFX.
To download the FORCE 3.0.3 Firmware Update, visit the Force product page at akaipro.com and click on the Downloads tab.
Update installers are available for Mac and Windows, as well as a file for updating via USB Flash Drive. Download your preferred installer type and follow the instructions in the next section for any assistance installing.
Once you have found the appropriate download, watch the video below to install the new firmware update:
For a step by step tutorial on how to export your Force project to Ableton, please see the video below:
For additional step by step tutorials, please visit the links below:
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an Akai Pro product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Akai Pro technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.