Akai Pro MIDImix - Setup with Steinberg Cubase
The MIDImix is a portable compact high-performance mixer that has the unique ability to control your Digital Audio Workstation. This article walks through how to set the MIDImix up with Steinberg Cubase and the provided mapping file.
- Download the Cubase Remote Mapping File
- Loading the Preset
- Installing the Cubase Mapping File
- Curent Mapping Assignments
- Further Technical Support
Download the MIDImix Cubase Remote Mapping file from the MIDImix product page at Akai Pro.com:
Please make sure to unzip this folder before removing the mapping file. Once the folder has been unzipped, take the MIDImix_Cubase.xml file and the MIDImix_CubasePreset file and move them to a location where it can be found easily, like your Documents folder or Desktop.
- Download and install the MIDImix Editor from the MIDImix product page at Akaipro.com
- Connect the MIDImix to a USB port on your computer
- Close all other Audio MIDI software, including Cubase, and launch the editor
- From the top left of the Editor window, select File > Open Preset
- In the window that opens, locate and choose the MIDImix_CubasePreset file. A new editor window will appear.
- In the new window, select File > Send to Hardware
- Your MIDImix should now be ready to map to Cubase! To learn more about using the editor, please visit our editor walkthrough guide here.
- Launch Cubase
- From the top of the Cubase window, select Devices > Device Setup.
- In the Device Setup window, click on the + in the top left corner and choose Generic Remote from the list.
- Set the input and output options to MIDI mix.
- Click Import, in the window that opens locate and choose the MIDImix_Cubase.xml file you saved in Step 2 above.
- Click Open to load the mapping file.
The provided mapping file will assign the MIDImix controls to the following Cubase parameters for the first 24 tracks:
|Bottom Knob||Track Pan|
|Middle Knob||EQ 2 Frequency Select|
|Top Knob||EQ 2 Gain|
|Rec Arm||Track Record Enable|
|Bank Left||Jumps to previous bank of 8 tracks|
|Bank Right||Jumps to next bank of 8 tracks|
|Send All||Sends current values of all controls to Cubase|
Please Note: The Record Arm, Mute and Solo lights will not turn on or off when in use with Cubase.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an Akai Pro product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Akai Pro technical support team is available to help!
Visit the links below to see our other MIDIMix guides or connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.