Akai Pro MPC X, Live & One – Installing and Accessing the Included Plugins
The MPC X/Live/One come bundled with a variety of AIR and SONiVOX plugins that expand the musical palette of your production. This guide covers the process of installing, authorizing and scanning your plugins into the MPC Software. Let's get started!
- Downloading and Installing your Plugins
- Authorizing and Activating your Licenses in iLok
- Scanning and Accessing your Plugins in MPC 2.0
- What's Next?
- Further Technical Support
After registering your MPC hardware in your Akai account, you will receive download links and authorization codes for your included software. If you need assistance registering your product, click here.
1. Launch your web browser and go to the Akai Pro web site.
2. Sign into your Account.
3. On the left-hand side of your Account page you should see My Dashboard. Go to the bottom of this section and select My Registered Products.
4. Scroll down in the Registration Page to see all of your available Software Downloads.
5. Download the AIR Virtual Instrument and SONiVOX Virtual Instrument plugins. The license for each plugin will be located on the right-hand side of the download. AIR Virtual Instruments have one authorization code for the entire bundle.
6. After the download completes, Windows users will need to navigate to the Download folder and right-click on the zip folder. Select Extract All. Enable Show extracted files when complete to immediately access the unzipped contents.
7. Double-click the Setup Application to run the installer. Follow the onscreen prompts to proceed. Make a note or take a screenshot of the Setup Options window. This is the default pathway for your plugins. We will need this directory, later on, to scan the plugins into MPC 2.0.
8. Restart your computer once the plugins have been installed.
Before scanning and opening the plugins in MPC 2.0, authorize AIR Virtual Instruments and SONiVOX Virtual Instruments with the iLok License Manager. This video will walk you through the entire redemption and activation process using the iLok License Manager.
1. If you do not have an Ilok account, make sure to go to ilok.com and click on Create Free Account. Fill out all of the necessary fields in the Free Account Setup page and select Create Account.
2. Once you have created your account, go back to the home page of the web site, you will find the License Support Installers. Download the appropriate installer for your operating system.
3. After installing the application, find and open the iLok License Manager from your Programs or Applications folder.
4. Click on Sign-In in the top left corner. If you have used iLok before with other products and have an account, sign-in to your account.
Please note: We recommend using an iLok account. Signing in is not always necessary to utilize an iLok license, but having and using an account to keep track of your licenses is free and provides additional features and options for managing and moving your licenses when necessary. You can see our Managing Authorization Codes and Licenses guide for more information.
5. Once you are logged in, click on Licenses at the top of the window and choose Redeem Activation Code.
6. A window will appear with space for you to enter an authorization code.
7. Navigate to your Akai Pro account page, highlight and copy the Authorization Code for the plugin. Paste this code into the first box on the left and the code will fill out the remaining fields. When you're ready, click Next. Repeat this process when authorizing the other plugins.
8. You will be prompted to choose a location for your license. You are free to choose an iLok dongle if you have one, but for most users, just choose your computer (this will be the option with the computer icon on the left) and click Activate.
9. You will be asked to confirm this one more time. Click Activate. iLok will notify you when the authorization is complete.
This process can be repeated for any other plugins that utilize an iLok license.
While MPC Expansions will automatically load into MPC's Browser, plugins will need to be scanned into the software.
1. Open MPC 2.0 and navigate to the Preferences menu:
MAC: Select MPC > Preferences
PC: Select EDIT > Preferences
2. Choose the Plugins tab.
3. Add a check to the first available box on the left, then click on the browse box at the end of that row to browse to your plugin installation location.
4. To scan for the plugins, click on the drop-down menu at the right to browse and then select your plugin folder's pathway. Remember those directories we told you to write down during installation? No worries, we got you!
Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST (AIR and SONiVOX plugins)
C:/Program Files/Steinberg/VstPlugins (AIR plugins)
C:/Program Files(x86)/SONiVOX/VST/SONiVOX (SONiVOX plugins)
Double-click the folders to load them into the Plugin Manager pathway. Select the last folder with one click and choose Open.
5. Select Rescan All. After the process is finished the Plugin Manager will notify you. Press OK.
Now, all included plugins will be accessible in the MPC 2.0 Software! You can load your new plugins by creating a Plugin Program and clicking the Plugin field. A Browser will appear with your MPC Plugin Expansions, AIR and SONiVOX VSTs.
Can't see the plugin GUI? Just click on the Explode icon to the right!
- Akai Pro MPC 2.0 | Managing your iLok Licenses
- Akai Pro MPC Live and X - Exporting Expansions from the MPC Software
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an Akai Pro product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Akai Pro technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.