Akai Pro MPC X and MPC Live - Firmware Update 2.5 Walkthrough
In this video, we show you how to download and install the new v2.5 update for your MPC X and Live. This includes where to download and how to run the update, as well as all the great new features you can expect on the other side.
- Update Release Notes
- Downloading the Update
- Updating with a USB Drive
- Updating with Windows or macOS
- Further Technical Support
Update Release Notes
The new MPC 2.5 Software and Firmware update adds a host of new features:
- Splice Integration - Splice fuels the creativity of producers around the world with millions of high-quality, royalty-free samples, presets and loops, covering nearly ever musical style. You can now download and browse your Splice sample library on your MPC Live or MPC X standalone.
- Browser Audition Warp and Sync - In the Browser you can now audition samples that have an MPC-embedded tempo in sync with your project tempo.
- Stability and Reliability Updates
For more detailed descriptions of all the new features and a full list of stability enhancements, please be sure to visit our release notes here.
Downloading the Update
To download a Firmware Update, navigate to the MPX or MPC Live product page and click on Downloads to find the v2.5 Mac, PC, and USB Update Image download links:
Updating with a USB Drive
What you'll need before updating…
- MPC X or MPC Live with firmware 2.1 or later installed
- USB drive with at least 1GB of free space. The drive must be formatted correctly to be recognized by the MPC X or MPC Live. See our guide here for more instructions.
- Computer with internet access to download the MPC 2.5 firmware update and store it on the USB drive.
Updating with Windows or macOS
Before updating any firmware on any operating system, it's important to take the following precautions:
- Ensure the MPC Live and MPC X are connected securely to a power source before updating. The MPC Live will not be able to be updated while running on battery power.
- Connect the MPC directly to a USB port on your computer. Avoid using any USB hubs, adapters, extenders or long USB cables to prevent any lost data during the update.
- Disconnect all other USB/MIDI devices from the computer.
- Unplug any MIDI cables plugged into the MIDI ports on the module.
- Make sure that the downloaded firmware update is properly unzipped or extracted before installing the updater.
- Close all other software running on the computer.
In general, the MPC should have a consistent and working connection to your computer. If you are experiencing any problems connecting to the computer, do NOT attempt to update the firmware in order to remedy this. Please contact our support team before continuing with the update.
Further Technical Support
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an Akai Pro product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Akai Pro technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.