Akai Pro MPC X, MPC Live & MPC One - Firmware Update 2.7.2 Walkthrough
- Update Release Notes
- Downloading the Update
- Updating with a USB Drive
- Updating with a Windows or macOS
- What's Next
- Further Technical Support
- Support for MPC One.
- MPC One now supports Network MIDI.
Stability and reliability:
- Recording mono audio tracks whilst observing waveform will no longer introduce signal distortion
- Overlapping regions are no longer created when overwriting audio whilst not viewing Audio Edit
To download the Firmware Update, navigate to the MPC X, MPC Live or MPC One product page and click on the Downloads tab. You'll find download links for the Firmware Updater for Mac, PC, and USB.
What you'll need before updating...
- If you have an MPC X or MPC Live, Firmware v2.1 or later must be currently installed. Note: If you are running an earlier FW version than 2.1, you will have to use your PC or Mac to execute the update.
- A USB drive with at least 1GB of free space. The drive must be formatted correctly to be recognized by the MPC. See our guide here for more instructions.
- Computer with internet access to download the MPC 2.7.2 firmware update and store it on the USB drive.
Before updating any firmware on any operating system, it's important to take the following precautions:
- Ensure that the MPC is connected securely to a power source before updating. The MPC Live will not be able to be updated while running on battery power.
- Connect the MPC directly to a USB port on your computer. Avoid using any USB hubs, adapters, extenders or long USB cables to prevent any lost data during the update.
- Disconnect all other USB/MIDI devices from the computer.
- Unplug any MIDI cables plugged into the MIDI ports on the module.
- Make sure that the downloaded firmware update is properly unzipped or extracted before installing the updater.
- Close all other software running on the computer.
In general, the MPC should have a consistent and working connection to your computer. If you are experiencing any problems connecting to the computer, do NOT attempt to update the firmware in order to remedy this. Please contact our support team before continuing with the update.
- How to Set Up a Network
- Getting Started: Inside Live Control
- Navigating the Matrix Tab in Live Control
- Using the Mixer Tab in Live Control
- Accessing the Device Tab in Live Control
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an Akai Pro product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Akai Pro technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.