Akai Pro MPD226 - Setup with MPC Essentials
The MPD226 is a MIDI-over-USB pad controller perfect for producers, programmers, musicians and DJs alike. Its intuitive blend of MPC controls and technologies mesh with easy USB connectivity to bring the feel of classic beat making into the world of computer music production. This guide walks through how to setup the MPD226 with the included MPC Essentials program.
- MPD226 Hardware Setup
- MPC Essentials Software Setup
- Virtual Instruments and Plugins
- Further Technical Support
- Before opening the software! Plug your MPD226 into the computer with the included USB cable, and power on the unit.
- Use the Data Dial at the top of the controller to scroll to the MPC Essentials preset. Push the Data Dial to confirm the preset.
- Press the EDIT button, and then tap the PLAY button on the transport to enter the midi edit selection for the transport controls.
- The screen should now say Transport at the top and the selection for Type should be blinking. Change the type to MMC/MIDI by turning the Data Dial.
- Once you set this, you can tap the PRESET button to confirm your selection.
To complete the transport setup, proceed to the MPC Essentials Software section.
- Launch the MPC Essentials software.
- Open the Preferences window in MPC Essentials. In the Audio tab, choose your Audio Device Type and Device, which is dependent upon your audio interface.MAC:
Select MPC Essentials > Preferences
or use the key command shortcut - [Command + comma]
Select Edit > Preferences
or use the key command shortcut - [Control + comma]
- Choose the MIDI tab and add a check to the box next to MPD226 in the Active Midi Inputs box as shown in the image below.
- Select the Sync tab from the left side of the window. Under the heading MIDI Machine Control (MMC) click on the boxes next to Receive and Send to add a check mark to each box. Also, to ensure synchronization for functions such as the Noterepeat, choose MIDI Clock from the Send drop-down menu and the MPD226 from the To drop-down menu. Press OK at the bottom of the box, and you are now done setting up the software to work with the MPD226
Note for Windows users only: If you have difficulty locating a plugin in your VST folder within the MPC Essentials software, be sure the MPC Essentials program is reading plugins from the correct location where your plugin is installed. To do this:
Select MPC > Preferences...
or use the keyboard shortcut - [Command + comma]
Select Edit > Preferences...
or use the keyboard shortcut - [Control + comma]
- Choose the Plugins tab.
- Add a check to the box at the beginning of one of the rows under the heading VST Folders, then click on the browse box at the end of that row to browse to your plugin installation location.
- Click on the drop-down menu to browse and then select the correct location of your plugin. Press Open.
- Click on Scan New, allow the MPC Essentials software to scan all plugins in the selected location and then press OK.
Sonivox Big Bang Cinematic Percussion Default Installation Locations:
32-bit: C:Program Files (x86)SONiVOXVstPlugins
64-bit: C:Program Filesvstplugins
(AU): Macintosh HD > Library > Audio > Plugins > Components
(VST): Macintosh HD > Library > Audio > Plugins > VST
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an Akai Pro product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Akai Pro technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.