Akai Pro MPK Mini mkII - Setup with UVI Workstation
The MPK Mini mkII is a versatile, class compliant, USB Midi controller that can have you creating music with your favorite DAW in no time. A very simple yet powerful solution is the UVI Workstation; a free standalone DAW with built-in sounds. If you are a seasoned pro or getting into midi based music production for the first time, this software makes it easy to make music.
- What is UVI Workstation?
- Launching UVI and selecting your Midi Input Device
- Loading a Preset
- Mapping Your Control Knobs
- Additional Guides & Videos
- Further Support
UVI Workstation is a free multi-part Virtual Instrument for performance and music creation. With it's simple and effective interface, you can quickly load instruments and play them with your MPK Mini mkII. For the serious professional or the budding beginner, it will have you playing studio quality sounds in very little time with minimal setup. It is available for both Mac and PC platforms.
To learn more about UVI or to download a copy, click the link below:
- Find the icon for UVI on your desktop (PC) or in your Applications folder (Mac).
- Click File and select Audio and Midi Settings (see image).
- Select Midi Devices.
- Under Port A, select MPK Mini mkII.
- Press OK.
- When pressed, the keys on the User Interface keyboard will animate when you play the MPK Mini mkII keys.
- Double click the empty program field where prompted.
- Select UVI Tutorial Set (see image).
- Select the type of instrument you would like to load; a loop or an instrument (see image).
- Press OK (If you select a loop, it should automatically start playing).
- To add another part, select the down-arrow next to Part 1 and select Part 2.
- Repeat steps 1-4.You can add up to 4 parts.
Once your instrument is loaded, press the keys or pads to make some noise!
- Right-click the parameter you want to assign; a dialogue box will appear (see image).
- Press the Clear button (see image).
- On your MPK Mini mkII, turn the knob you want to assign it to.
- Once properly assigned, the assign dialogue box will disappear.
- You have now successfully mapped your controller knobs!
- So you just bought an MPK mini mkII. Now what?
- Akai Pro MPK mini mkII - Complete Setup with Garageband
- Akai Pro MPK mini mkII - Complete Setup in Pro Tools First
- Akai Pro MPK mini mkII - Complete Setup in Presonus Studio One Prime
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an Akai Pro product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Akai Pro technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.