Akai Professional EWI5000 - Updating the Firmware
The Akai Professional EWI5000 combines innovative instrument design, wireless connectivity, and a sound library by SONiVOX to create the most expressive and versatile wind instrument available to today's musicians. The game-changing instrument combines the functionality of a wind synthesizer with the capabilities of a full featured MIDI wind controller. This article walks through the means of updating the firmware for the EWI 5000 using the preset editor.
- Download and Install the Editor
- Download the Firmware
- Preparing for the Update
- Updating the Firmware
- Confirming the Firmware Update
- Further Technical Support
Download and install the editor form these links.
Firmware is available from the Documents & Downloads section of the EWI 5000 product page:
Please note the location to which the firmware is saved.
- Disconnect all other audio and MIDI devices from the computer. This ensures that no other devices can conflict and interrupt or slow the firmware update.
- Connect the EWI 5000 directly to the computer via USB cable. Do not use a 5 pin MIDI cable or the wireless connection.
- Open the EWI 5000 editor program. Ensure that you are in the Controller mode, not Synth mode. Click the Controller or Synth at the top to cycle between the modes until you are in Controller mode.
- Click the Update button in the bottom right.
- Navigate to the firmware file.
- Click Open.
- The unit will briefly display a spinning wheel on it's display.
- The display will show Gd when the update is complete. This may only take a few seconds.
You will see a confirmation message on the computer screen.
Unplug and replug your EWI 5000. Check the new firmware version in the bottom right of the editor screen. Be sure you are in Controller mode to check the version.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an Akai Pro product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Akai Pro technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.