VIP - How to Customize Category Tags
With the Virtual Instrument Player (VIP) software application, your entire VSTi library is controlled by one application. This article walks through how to customize and adjust category tags associated with individual plugin presets.
- Click BROWSER to enter the Tag mode. Use the filters to locate the Patch you want to Tag. Once you locate it, click on the Patch of choice in the Patch Browser on the left. You will notice that any current tags associated with that Patch will have a small checkmark just to the left of the tag.
- To add another Tag, Ctrl+Click (Cmd+Click) on the new Tag and a checkmark will appear next to the Tag of choice.
To remove a Tag, Ctrl+Click (Cmd+Click) a Tag that currently has a checkmark next to it and the checkmark will disappear.
That's it! Some notes you may want to consider in reference to Tagging as well:
- Selecting a Patch in the Patch Browser will show the checkmarks next to all of the Tags associated with that Patch.
- Patches can have multiple Tags in each category.
Users can also create and delete Tag titles. To do so:
- Click BROWSER to enter Tag mode. Each Category column will have a plus (+) button next to the category name.
- Click on the plus (+) button and enter the name of the new Tag title to be added to that category. Press Enter when finished to add the new Tag title.
- At any time, you can right-click any Tag and choose to remove or rename it.
Note: Removing a plugin from the PLUGINS category will cause all of its associated Patches and Tags to be removed as well.
Now you can add that Tag to any Patch you want.
You can find a number of additional articles and videos in our knowledge base:
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an Akai Pro, Alesis or M-Audio product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the technical support team is available to help!
Visit the links below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.