Laptop Pad Controller
Produce with personality.
Measuring in at just 13 inches, LPD8 is a USB MIDI pad controller that's meant to escape the boundaries of your studio. It weighs less than a pound, will easily fit into a laptop case, backpack, or messenger bag, and gives you great-feeling pads and simple parameter controls so you can make music wherever you are.
Lose the Mouse, Forget the Keyboard
Music was never meant to be created with a mouse and computer keyboard. With LPD8, you’re no longer limited to making music in a stiff, non-musical way. Pound out new beats on LPD8's drum pads. Add and tweak effects using LPD8's Q-Link knobs. LPD8 provides a satisfying production experience that travels with you.
Production in your Pocket
LPD8 is based on Akai Professional’s MPC line of iconic music production workstations. The backlit pads are velocity-sensitive, perfect for programming rhythmic or melodic parts. Send note information, MIDI CCs, or program changes from the pads to your software, and assign each of the eight Q-Link knobs to control any parameter.
When Inspiration Knocks
Be ready to answer. LPD8 has four memory banks, so you can set it up to work with each of your favorite software programs instantly. Plus, it's class-compliant and USB-powered, so there are no drivers to install and there's no power adapter required. Just put LPD8 in your computer bag and be ready to make music.
- USB MIDI, works with virtually any music software or DAW
- 8 backlit velocity-sensitive drum pads to send note or program changes
- 8 Q-Link knobs for controlling virtually any parameter
- 4 programmable memory banks
- Editing software for Mac and PC included
- USB bus-powered, no power adapter required
- Class-compliant with Mac and PC, no driver required
- USB 1.1 (2.0 compatible)
- LED backlight responds to midi note on
- 8 assignable knobs send midi CC#
- User editable via included editor software
8 Velocity Sensitve MPC-Style Pads:
- Send note with velocity
- Assignable program change
- Assignable control message
- Sends a value of 0 -127 depending on how hard the pad is struck