USB/MIDI/CV Keyboard Controller
Control anything from any time.
MAX49 from Akai Professional places revolutionary MIDI and CV control at your fingertips. With an intuitive layout and included Ableton Live Lite, AkaiConnect, and Ignite software, MAX49 offers instant, powerful creative capabilities. From its 49 semi-weighted keys and 12 real MPC pads, to its groundbreaking LED touch faders and built-in 32-note step sequencer, MAX49 combines cutting-edge Akai Pro technology with classic capability to give you an unprecedented music-making experience.
Cutting-edge LED Touch Faders
MAX49 is one of the most unique controllers ever engineered. Right away you'll notice one of its most distinguishing features: four banks of eight backlit LED touch faders, allowing you to assign up to 32 control parameters. You can use MAX49's LED touch faders just like analog faders by simply dragging your finger up and down along their touch strips, or you can perform instant leaps in any MIDI value from zero to maxed out and everything in between—an unprecedented, unmatched controller capability.
Built-in Step Sequencer
Akai Professional’s MAX25 and MAX49 are the only keyboard controllers available that include a built-in step sequencer. MAX49’s touch faders combine with the built-in step sequencer to offer even more innovative performance capabilities. Control four banks of eight steps each, crating patterns up to 32 steps. The step sequencer can be assigned to MIDI parameters or the CV/Gate outputs, and the touch faders give you real-time editing control over modulation, filters, key changes, and effects. Create instant arpeggios by swiping your finger horizontally across the faders, and easily activate and deactivate steps using the button beneath each fader.
When you're ready to get down to business, MAX49 delivers essential controller features with excellence. 49 semi-weighted keys with aftertouch are laid out before you, providing professional feel, perfect response and full musical expression. Large, centrally positioned transport controls give you straightforward track navigation, and rubberized pitch and modulation wheels provide for instant creative flourishes. MAX49's expanded arpeggiator includes a Latch button as well as eight different time divisions to create sweeping and endlessly varied melodic cascades.
CV & Gate Outputs
MAX49 comes ready to command any controller hardware or software from any era: USB MIDI, traditional 5-pin DIN MIDI and even Control Voltage and Gate outputs are onboard, allowing you to control everything from today's most advanced music software, to analog modular synths from as far back as the 1960s. Mackie Control and HUI protocols are also built in to give you instant compatibility with many industry standard DAWs.
Iconic MPC Pads
MAX49 is also equipped with four banks of 12 backlit MPC pads, giving you a total of 48 assignable pads, allowing you to integrate legendary Akai Pro production capability into live performances and recording sessions alike. These backlit, velocity-sensitive pads come with classic MPC Swing, Note Repeat, Full Level and navigation controls to give you all the tools you need to create music at your highest level.
MAX49 also comes with Ableton Live Lite Akai Pro Edition software, one of the most popular and powerful performance and production programs worldwide. Ableton Live Lite enables musicians to spontaneously compose, record, remix, improvise and edit musical ideas in a seamless audio/MIDI environment.
Control to the Max
MAX49 also comes with AkaiConnect automatic-mapping software, so you'll be up and running in your favorite DAW and VSTs in seconds. AkaiConnect has been designed to eliminate the guesswork and give you more time creating and less time setting up controls. Instantly assign MAX49's MPC pads, touch faders and buttons to your favorite music software plug-ins by simply clicking on the software element you want to control, then touching the knob, pad, fader or button on MAX49.
Cutting-edge, classic and complete control: MAX49.
Get ready to experience one of the most dynamic and unique performance controllers ever created.
VST is a trademark of Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH. Ableton is a trademark of Ableton AG. Mackie Control and HUI are registered trademarks of LOUD Technologies Inc.
- 8 backlit LED touch faders for gradual or instant parameter value changes
- Built-in step sequencer for detailed track construction
- CV and Gate outputs for use with vintage analog synths (1V/Oct)
- Included AkaiConnect software automatically maps to VST™ plugins
- Expanded arpeggiator with latch and time division controls
- Mackie Control® and HUI® modes provide instant compatibility with many DAWs
- 49 semi-weighted keys with Aftertouch for complete musical expression
- 12 backlit, real MPC pads with MPC Note Repeat and MPC swing
- 4 pad banks and 4 fader banks provide a total of 80 assignable pads and faders
- Large, centrally-positioned transport controls and rubberized pitch and modulation wheels
- Ableton Live Lite Akai Pro Edition software included
Number of Keys:
- 49 keys + 4 banks of 12 drum pads
Type of Action:
- Semi-weighted Aftertouch (Channel)
- 4-row x 20-character LCD
- MIDI Out
- MIDI In
- CV (1V/octave)
- Gate (configurable)
Programmable Continuous Footpedals:
- 4 x 12 Pads
- 4 x 8 Faders
- 4 x 8 Assignable Buttons
- Pitch and Modulation Wheels
- 2 x Footswitches
- Expression Pedal
System Real-Time Controls:
- MMC, MIDI START/STOP, MIDI CC
- Dimensions: (W x D x H): 29" x 12.5" x 3" [741mm x 322mm x 80mm]
- 11.7 lbs [5.31kg]
Downloads & Documents
- Max49 - Quickstart Guide (1.89 MB)
- Max49 - Program Documentation (232.89 kB)
- MAX49 - AkaiConnect v1.1 (PC) (3.47 MB)
- MAX49 - AkaiConnect v1.1 (Mac) (10.78 MB)
- MAX49 - Vyzex 1.02 (PC) (22.13 MB)
- MAX49 - Vyzex 1.02 (Mac) (21.26 MB)
- MAX49 - Software Support Files (253.80 kB)
- MAX49 - Ableton Live 9 Controller Map (118.15 kB)
- MAX49 - Firmware Update v1.12 (1.11 MB)
- MAX49 - Media (301.33 kB)