Unrivaled combination of power & portability — bringing the studio to the stage
Unplug and Play
Powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, the MPC Live can run up to 6 hours without plugging into a power source. Whether on a plane, at the coffee shop or in the park, professional music production power is no longer limited to the studio.
Sounds for Days
The MPC has a well-earned reputation for sounds that hit hard and sound great, right out of the box. The MPC Live comes pre-installed with The Vault 2.0, 10GB of radio-ready sounds from the world’s top sound design companies as well as our own signature samples.
Keys and Crates
With 2 USB 3.0 slots on the rear panel, your MIDI controller can be plugged directly into MPC Live for playing built-in instruments from The Vault 2.0. Want to use your favorite samples on a track? Plug in an external drive and create kits out of your own library.
Ableton Live Control
MPC Live and MPC X now come pre-mapped to Ableton Live for an instant performance and production setup. Users have complete command over Live’s clip launching, mixer and instrument macro controls wirelessly via Wi-Fi network Ableton Link or by ethernet connection using a USB to ethernet adapter.
New in MPC Software 2.8
New to Akai Professional's next generation standalone, multi-core powered MPC Series is MIDI Multi capability, transforming MPC into the ultimate MIDI sequencing studio centrepiece. Now you can simultaneously connect and route all the MIDI gear in your studio including class compliant USB Keyboards, MIDI interfaces and USB to CV modules, supercharging your I/O capability. Fuse this with deep internal MIDI routing capability across tracks, comprehensive MIDI routing to any MIDI compatible synthesiser, drum machine or sound module, and even multitrack recording capability, and MPC forms the beating heart of any production setup, unleashing the true power of all your gear.
Versatility is crucial for all producers. Being able to easily pivot from creator to performer means more people have the opportunity to see and hear your music. The new MPC Live makes the process of performing your studio inventions on stage incredibly seamless by combining the power of a production centerpiece with the portability and rugged design of an on stage workhorse.
At the heart of the new MPC Live is a beautiful, full color 7” multi-touch screen, four touch-capacitive Q-Link controls, a clickable master encoder knob and 16 amazingly responsive, velocity and pressure-sensitive RGB pads.
Weighing in at less than 6 pounds, the MPC Live ushers in a new era of ultra-portable production. Powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery and packing 16 gigs of on-board storage, the MPC Live features numerous ways to take your beloved sample library and MPC sessions anywhere. Files can be accessed and transferred to an inserted SD Card and/or an external drive attached to the USB hub on the back. If that’s not enough storage, the MPC Live also features a 2.5” SATA drive connector providing additional storage via installation of a fixed hard drive – SSD or HDD (sold separately). The same USB hub can also be used for MIDI controller connectivity.
Standalone? Check. Battery powered? Check. Contains massive amounts of internal storage? Check. Your creative flow now knows no borders and bounds.
To Plug or Not to Plug
Powering Live is MPC 2.0, Akai Professional’s new update to the MPC software. Capable of running natively on the MPC Live in standalone mode, MPC 2.0 can also be run from a Mac or PC in controller-mode.. A number of major workflow enhancements have been added to 2.0, including: audio track recording, an improved time warp algorithm, refined Q-Link control, audio and MIDI drag and drop – all appearing on a new graphical interface. Future versions will support Ableton Link.
Infinite Sounds, Unlimited Inspiration
The MPC has a well-earned reputation for sounds that hit hard and sound great, right out of the box. MPC Live is no exception. Pre-installed with 10 gigs of world-class sounds, The Vault 2.0 features samples and kits from top-notch sound design companies including Capsun Audio, MVP Loops, CR2 Records, as well as our own radio-ready kits. Want to incorporate your own samples without tethering to a computer? MPC Live features a 2.5” SATA drive connector providing more storage via external hard drive – SSD or HDD. Additionally, sounds can be accessed and added to the library using the built-in SD Card slot or the USB thumb drive.
“The MPC Live is an absolute beast. It truly represents a huge step forward in the product category,” said Dan Gill, Product Manager for Akai Professional. “MPC Live is the most powerful MPC we’ve made to date and yet it’s portable enough to take anywhere.”
Product Series Vol. 1 / Tim Kelly Presents MPC Expansion
Rechargeable battery provides hours of continuous use
Full-size SD card slot
USB-A 3.0 slots for thumb drives
Wirelessly connect your Bluetooth® compatible device
Play in time with Ableton Link
7” high-resolution display
Standalone MPC — no computer required | 7” high-resolution multi-touch display | Internal, rechargeable lithium-ion battery
Phono, instrument and line inputs | 2 pairs of MIDI Inputs and Outputs | 16GB of on-board storage (over 10 gigs of sound content included)
2GB of RAM | Full-size SD card slot | User-expandable 2.5” SATA drive connector (SSD or HDD) |2 USB-A 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
Ableton Link over WiFi | Bluetooth 4.0 Midi Support
- (16) velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads, RGB-backlit
- (8) banks accessible via Pad Bank buttons
- (4) 360° touch-sensitive Q-Link Knobs
- (4) Q-Link Knob columns accessible via Q-Link buttons
- (1) 360° encoder for display navigation and selection via push
- (22) dedicated function buttons; red-, amber-, or green-backlit
- 6.9” / 176 mm (diagonal)
- 5.9” x 3.7” / 150 x 93 mm (width x height)
- Full-color LED-backlit display with touch interface
- RAM 2 GB
- Storage 16 GB (user storage, 10 GB pre-installed content), 4 GB (MPC operating system)
- (2) 1/4” (6.35 mm) TRS inputs (1 stereo pair)
- (6) 1/4” (6.35 mm) TRS outputs (3 stereo pairs)
- (1) 1/8” (3.5 mm) stereo headphone output
- (2) RCA inputs (1 stereo pair)
- (2) 5-pin MIDI inputs (2) 5-pin MIDI outputs
- (2) USB Type-A ports (1) USB Type-B port
- (1) SD card slot
- (1) power adapter input
- via power adapter: 19 VDC, 3.42 A, center-positive, included
- via battery: lithium-ion, rechargeable, up to 4 hours of battery life
Dimensions (width x depth x height)
- 16.7” x 8.8” x 2.7”
- 424 x 224 x 69 mm
- 5.9 lbs.
- 2.7 kg
Downloads & Documents
- MPC 2.8 Release Notes (85.14 kB)
- MPC v2.8.1 Release Notes (45.64 kB)
- MPC X/Live/Live II/One 2.8.1 Firmware Update (Win) (109.18 MB)
- MPC X/Live/Live II/One 2.8.1 Firmware Update (Mac) (112.72 MB)
- MPC X/Live/Live II/One 2.8.1 Firmware Update (USB) (108.03 MB)
- MPC X/Live/One-2.7.2 Firmware Update (USB) (183.55 MB)
- MPC X/Live/One-2.7.2 Firmware Update (Mac) (188.26 MB)
- MPC X/Live/One-2.7.2 Firmware Update (Win) (173.85 MB)
- MPC X/Live/One/Touch User Guide v2.7.2 (55.19 MB)
- MPC X/Live/One/Touch User Guide v2.7.2 (German) (55.41 MB)
- MPC X/Live Firmware Update 2.7 (MAC) (140.40 MB)
- MPC X/Live Firmware Update 2.7 (WIN) (137.97 MB)
- MPC X/Live Firmware Update 2.7 (USB) (135.70 MB)
- Network MIDI Driver (MAC) (4.06 MB)
- Network MIDI Driver (WIN) (32.49 MB)
- MPC 2.7 Touch/X/LIVE Manual (54.54 MB)
- MPC 2.7 Desktop Manual (13.36 MB)
- MPC 2.7 Release Notes (87.21 kB)
- MPC Live Hi Res Images (7.02 MB)
- AKAI Downloads Archive (226.52 kB)
- MPC X/Live/One-2.8 Firmware Update (USB) (108.01 MB)
- MPC X/Live/One-2.8 Firmware Update (PC) (109.17 MB)
- MPC X/Live/One-2.8 Firmware Update (Mac) (112.70 MB)
- MPC X/Live/Live II/MPC One/Touch User Guide v2.8 (57.32 MB)