The Studio Centerpiece
The Studio Centerpiece
Bigger than beats. The X is truly a studio centerpiece.
In the Mood For Modular
Control external analogue synth gear using the 8 built-in CV ports. These ports can be configured to send pitch, velocity, and gate CV to analogue synths, drum machines, etc. Automate knob movements, notes, gates and play it all back in time with the MPC. This makes the X one of the best modular sequencers available.
Touch It, Play It
Control every parameter using the 16 fully assignable, touch-capactive Q-Link knobs. With a dedicated OLED display above each 360 (degree symbol) knob, you can easily see what parameter you’re tweaking and the current assigned value. The Q-Links are great for adding expressiveness to your tracks thru recording automation.
Sounds For Days
The MPC has a well-earned reputation for sounds that hit hard and sound great, right out of the box. The MPC X comes pre-installed with The Vault 2.0, 10GB of radio-ready sounds from the world’s top sound design companies as well as our own signature samples.
Alpha and Omega
The history of modern music is intrinsically linked to the Akai Professional MPC line. We’ve created machines that have spawned new genres and advanced existing ones. Countless instruments have attempted to replicate the design, workflow and celebrated swing of the Music Production Center. In short, the MPC is a legend maker.
In creating the new MPC X, we’ve learned lessons from every MPC that preceded it to engineer a production centerpiece truly fit to be the Music Production Center of the future.
The Beast, Unleashed
The X is a standalone MPC featuring a beautiful, full color, adjustable 10.1” multi-touch screen, 16 amazingly responsive, velocity- and pressure-sensitive RGB pads and 16 gigs of internal storage. To make it a truly untethered, computer-free experience, the X also features two USB slots that can be used for MIDI controller connectivity.
Powering the X is our stellar MPC 2.0 Software, which runs natively in standalone mode. For more expressive performances, there are 16 touch-sensitive 360-degree assignable pots—perfect for precisely automating individual QLink parameters. Above each of those QLink pots is a high-resolution OLED display, detailing info for the individual parameter.
To Plug or Not to Plug
Whether you prefer to go computer-free or not, it can’t be denied that there are some fantastic sounding VST instruments and effects out there. For those times when you need your favorite plug-ins, the MPC X effortlessly goes from formidable standalone to high-powered MIDI controller, explicitly designed to run the feature-rich MPC Software 2.0 in your favorite DAW. A number of new features added to 2.0 include: Audio track recording, improved time warp, enhanced Q-Link control, audio and MIDI drag and drop—all appearing on a new graphical interface.
Infinite Sounds, Unlimited Inspiration
The MPC has a well-earned reputation for sounds that hit hard and sound great, right out of the box. The X builds on that reputation. Pre-installed with 10 gigs of world-class sounds, The Vault 2.0 features samples and kits from top-notch sound design companies including CAPSUN ProAudio, MVP Loops, CR2 Records, as well as our own. Want to incorporate your own samples without tethering to a computer? The X features a 2.5” SATA drive connector providing additional storage via installation of a fixed hard drive – SSD or HDD (sold separately). Additionally, sounds can be accessed and added to the library using the built-in SD Card slot or the USB thumb drive. You can also record directly to all the aforementioned storage locations.
Above and Beyond
The MPC X has a number of additional features that make it the most powerful standalone music production tool to date. The X has a high quality audio interface engineered for recording, sampling and transmitting pristine sound. The back panel is equipped with 2 XLR + 1/4” TRS inputs for recording microphones - including those needing 48V phantom power. There are two additional 1/4” TRS line inputs on the back panel and the front panel also features two more 1/4” line inputs. Onboard CV/Gate outputs enable the analog control of modular gear such as classic synths and drum machines. For vinyl junkies, we include two RCA phono inputs with RIAA preamp to ensure the right levels are coming into the X from your turntable. The joy of sampling vinyl is at the core of what made the classic MPC workflow legendary. We’re staying true to our roots while simultaneously improving the sound and stability of the sampling process.
The MPC X is the pinnacle of lengthy research and development, detailed feedback from our passionate user base and the merging of the best technologies from across our product line.
We proudly present the Music Production Center that embodies the best of past, present and future beat-oriented production machines. The MPC X will be the centerpiece of studios worldwide—and yours — for years to come.
Product Series Vol. 1 / Tim Kelly Presents MPC Expansion
Full-size SD card slot
USB-A 3.0 slots for thumb drives
10.5" high-resolution display
- New graphical interface
- Audio track recording
- Real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting
- Clip Program mode for clip launching workflow
- Reimagined mixer layout – resizable faders, an adaptive channel strip, a dedicated audio track
- editing window, resizable waveform view
- Advanced signal routing capability - submixes, FX returns, multi-output plugin support
- More efficient and streamlined MPC workflow
- Audio and MIDI drag and drop
- Enhanced QLink Control
- (16) velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads, RGB-backlit
- (8) banks accessible via Pad Bank buttons
- (16) 360° touch-sensitive Q-Link knobs for parameter adjustment
- (1) 360° encoder for display navigation and selection via push
- (7) 270° knobs for gain, mix & level adjustment
- (63) dedicated-function buttons
- 10.1” / 257 mm (diagonal)
- 8.5” x 5.5” / 216 x 139 mm (width x height)
- Full-color LED-backlit display with touch interface
- RAM 2 GB
- Storage 16 GB (user storage, 10 GB pre-installed content), 4 GB (MPC operating system)
- (2) XLR+1/4” (6.35 mm) TRS inputs (Input 1/2)
- (2) 1/4” (6.35 mm) TRS inputs (Input 3/4: 1 stereo pair)
- (2) 1/4” (6.35 mm) TS instrument inputs (Inst 1/2)
- (2) RCA inputs (Input 3/4: 1 stereo pair, phono- or line-level)
- (2) 1/4” (6.35 mm) TS footswitch inputs (FS 1/2)
- (2) 5-pin MIDI inputs
- (8) 1/4” (6.35 mm) TRS outputs (Main L/R, Outputs 3/4–7/8: 4 stereo pairs)
- (4) 5-pin MIDI outputs
- (8) 1/8” (3.5 mm) CV/Gate outputs
- (1) 1/4” (6.35 mm) stereo headphone output
- (1) 1/8” (3.5 mm) stereo headphone output
- (2) USB Type-A ports (1) USB Type-B port
- (1) SD card slot
- (1) power adapter input Power via power adapter (19 V, 3.42 A, center-positive, included)
Dimensions (width x depth x height)
- 19.9” x 16.7” x 3.4” / 50.5 x 42.4 x 8.7 cm (display flat)
- 19.9” x 15.3” x 8.4” / 50.5 x 38.8 x 21.4 cm (display upright)
- 12.57 lbs.
- 5.66 kg
Downloads & Documents
- MPC 2.4 Firmware Update (Mac) (159.21 MB)
- MPC 2.4 Firmware Update (Win) (120.37 MB)
- MPC 2.4 Firmware Update (USB) (154.54 MB)
- MPC 2.4 Release Notes (464.61 kB)
- MPC X/Live Firmware Update 2.3 (135.06 MB)
- MPC X/Live Firmware Update 2.3 (96.07 MB)
- MPC X/Live Firmware Update 2.3 (130.39 MB)
- MPC X User Guide - v2.3 (51.42 MB)
- MPC X Quickstart Guide (6.74 MB)
- MPC X User Guide - French (11.68 MB)
- MPC X/Live Firmware Update 2.3 (MAC) (135.06 MB)
- MPC X/Live Firmware Update 2.3 (PC) (96.07 MB)
- MPC X/Live Firmware Update 2.3 (USB UPDATE IMAGE) (130.39 MB)
- MPC X/Live Firmware Update 2.2.3 (MAC) (87.64 MB)
- MPC X/Live Firmware Update 2.2.3 (PC) (59.00 MB)
- MPC X/Live Firmware Update 2.2.3 (USB UPDATE IMAGE) (82.97 MB)
- MPC X/Live 18.104.22.168 Firmware Update (MAC) (87.66 MB)
- MPC X/Live 22.214.171.124 Firmware Update (PC) (59.40 MB)
- MPC X/Live Firmware Update 126.96.36.199 (USB UPDATE IMAGE) (400.00 MB)
- MPC X/Live 2.2.1 Firmware Update (PC) (59.01 MB)
- MPC X/Live 2.2.1 Firmware Update (MAC) (87.05 MB)
- MPC X / Live 2.2 Firmware Update (PC) (59.08 MB)
- MPC X/Live Firmware Update 2.2.1 (USB UPDATE IMAGE) (400.00 MB)
- MPC X / Live 2.2 Firmware Update (MAC) (87.02 MB)
- MPC X/Live Firmware Update 2.2 (USB UPDATE IMAGE) (400.00 MB)
- MPC X / Live 2.0.3 Firmware Update (PC) (60.68 MB)
- MPC X / Live 2.1 Firmware Update (MAC) (98.07 MB)
- MPC X / Live 2.1 Firmware Update (PC) (69.42 MB)
- MPC X / Live 2.0.7 Firmware Update (MAC) (100.38 MB)
- MPC X / Live 2.0.7 Firmware Update (PC) (68.86 MB)
- MPC X / Live 2.0.5 Firmware Update (MAC) (100.45 MB)
- MPC X / Live 2.0.5 Firmware Update (PC) (70.24 MB)
- MPC X / Live 2.0.3 Firmware Update (MAC) (90.35 MB)
- MPC X Hi Res Images (12.51 MB)
- MPC X/LIVE Firmware Update 2.4 [USB] (154.54 MB)